When you are looking for a folding brolly, there is no need to look any further because the Knirps X1 is here to the rescue. What’s good about this is that you can carry it just about anyhow. You can easily place it in your bag when not in use. Here are some of the best features why the Knirps X1 is one of your best bet when buying a folding brolly.
1. Folding umbrella – to be honest, I personally prefer folding umbrellas compared to the other. This is because I wouldn’t have to carry anything such as a walking stick when I am not using it. It provides freedom and convenience as well as security knowing that you have protection against rain right inside your bag, or your pocket for that matter. One of the best things about the Knirps X1 is that it comes with a special handle that you can attach to your bag or your trousers.
2. Quickly drying microfibre – the material that makes up the Knirps X1 is from extremely water repellant and quick dry microfibre. What’s good about this is that you can easily keep it in your bag without having to worry about your other stuffs getting wet. All it takes is a little shake and off you go!
3. Weather proof – let’s face it, wind or rain this umbrella can stand against the test of time. The Knirps X1 is considered the world’s smallest and lightest telescopic umbrella. The ribs are engineered with durability and stability which can stand up to 88 km/h wind tunnel. It is flip resistance which means that you wouldn’t have to worry as well having a broken umbrella regardless if the wind blows hard.
4. Wide coverage – the canopy can be opened up to 94 cm diameter which provides you adequate protection.
5. UV protection – this umbrella can provide up to 75% UV protection which is suitable to go against the harmful rays of the sun. With its double purpose, this is definitely a David against Goliath sort of thing. It is a known fact that the sun can cause skin damage, aging and worse, skin cancer. But this small yet capable piece of protection provides you with an adequate protection so this is a multipurpose brolly.
6. Soft grip handle – the soft grip handle provides you with the ease of use as well as convenience.
I couldn’t exactly say that it is a downside but it is more of a user-preference feature, with folding umbrellas of course you would have to fold it neatly for safekeeping. Most folding umbrellas can be fiddly especially when you would want to put it away when not in use. If you are not in a hurry or have the patience to do so and you are looking for an umbrella that you can store in your bag without carrying too much weight, then the Knirps X1 is definitely for you.